By Admin | Last Updated December 03, 2019
Florence is not just a city for history and art. The thriving nightlife destinations in this Italian city can guarantee an unforgettable party. There is something here for everyone. If you want a quiet night with good music and wine you can head to the wine bars with fine Tuscan vintage wines. Florence also boats hip nightclubs with the latest in techno, trance and hip-hop that serve crazy cocktails. These are the best places to hit if you want to dance the night away.
The nightlife spots in Florence are mostly in and around the city center. You can check out the Blob Club which offers you the choice between sitting and chatting with friends, playing foosball or hitting the dance floor. If you want a completely relaxed vibe look up Sabor Cubano - the Cuban theme and light piano music will amp up the romance. Want to go all glam? You can head to YAB which is one of the most posh clubs in the city.
If exploring the city after sunset is on your mind there are some great walking tours that take you around Florence. You can enjoy the view of the city from Piazzale Michelangelo one of the most photographed vistas of Florence. Try the famous cocktail ‘Negroni’ at its birthplace Caffe Roberto Cavalli. If you are in town between April to September make a note to go see the Palazzo Vecchio after dark.
Quick Facts-Florence Nightlife
|The party does not start until 11.00 pm in Florence. But when it does it goes on into the early hours of the morning.
||Remember to act sober when you step out of the club. Public intoxication is not liked at all in Florence.
|Ladies, keep in mind the charming cobblestoned roads of Florence. Stilettos and pointy heels are best avoided here.
||Catcalling is common in Florence. Be warned! It is mostly considered harmless fun; do not be appalled by it.
Palazzo Vecchio Florence
Wine Bars in Florence
Tuscany is known throughout Europe for its fine wines. If you are a wine lover you may want to spend an evening or more in the popular wine bars of the city. There is the Michelin starred restaurant ‘La Bottega del Buon Caffé’ where each course comes with boutique wine pairings. For a romantic evening head to the ‘La Terrazza’ terrace eatery on the rooftop of the Hotel Continentale. The prices are steep but the views of the city and River Arno are unmatchable. A complete community vibe can be experienced at the ‘Mercato Centrale’ which is a food-court that used to be a marketplace.
SEMI-PRIVATE: Florence by night and Palazzo Vecchio
Night Time Activities in Florence
- The sun sets quite late in Florence in the summer months. Head to the San Miniato al Monte – a Roman basilica which is one of the highest points of the city. You can enjoy a spectacular view of Florence and get some great photo opportunities. It closes after sunset in summers and is open till 7pm in the winter months.
- The Palazzo Vecchio is open till 11.00 pm seven days of the week between April and September. Visit the Palazzo at night to get a completely different perspective of the ornate building and the treasures inside it. You can see marvelous artworks by Michelangelo, Vasari and Da Vinci inside.
- Are you a big foodie? Do not leave Florence without dining on the dish that derives its name from the city – the Florentine Steak. The ‘Bistecca alla Fiorentina’ is a T-bone steak that can weigh anywhere between 700 grams to 1.2 kilos. Available at all the top end Florence eateries, this will be a meal to remember.
- Palazzo Strozzi is open till 8.00 pm every night of the week and till 11.00 pm on Thursdays. It is an example of the glamour of Florentine Renaissance. Take in the gilt-edged and frescoed ceilings and enjoy the exhibitions and events here on one of you evenings in Florence.
- There are a number of walking tours and food tours available for tourists to enjoy the evenings in Florence. Sign up for one of these and give yourself away to a magical Tuscan evening.
Top 7 Nightclubs in Florence
If you have had enough of history and culture during the day and are looking for a bit of fun …this list has you covered! Here is a selection of party destinations in Florence. There is something to suit everyone’s taste.
- Red Garter – In the bustling area of Via dei Benci is this fun little joint. They have karaoke, an extensive bar area and even live guitars playing with you as you sing. Great place to come for some singing and dancing with friends.
- Full Up Club – This one is a favorite with locals and tourists alike. The dance floor is almost always jam-packed. They play crowd favorites and have enough space for you to take a break from all that dancing.
- Space Club – As the name suggests, this is a huge sprawling multi-level disco. It is located on the outskirts of the city center. It is arguably the most popular nightlife destination in Florence.
- Moyo – Located in the Santa Croce area, this is the best place for signature cocktails. This is a great place to start off your night on the town. Their food is delicious and you will see a lot of young couples and families here.
- Tenax – This is at the city center walking distance from other nightclubs. They have amazing DJs who churn out new mixes. Be warned the ratio of men to women in this club tends to be high.
- Full Up – This club has been around since the 70s and is near the Duomo. They still play tracks from the Golden Era and is a good place to unwind after some frenetic dancing.
- Flo Lounge Bar – This is a classy joint near Piazzale Michelangelo. They have a strict dress code, great food, trippy cocktails and good music to last you through the night. Come in early or be prepared to queue a while.